Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
– 1 can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup oats (optional if your dog is on a grain-free diet, sub an extra 1/4 cup grain-free flour)
– 3 cups whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, or gluten-free flour
– 3 tablespoons of peanut butter (make sure it’s xylitol free)
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
– In a small bowl, stir together the flour, oats, and cinnamon.
– In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter until combined. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
– Pour a floured surface and roll the dough to 1/2″ thick. Cut out using a cookie cutter.
– The dough will be a little sticky; add a dusting of flour to your hands and the rolling pin to help. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
– Place on cooling racks and let cool thoroughly. They will harden as they cool.
CBD-Infused Dog Treats
– 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
– 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
– 1 apple, cored and grated
– 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and grated
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1/3 cup olive or coconut oil
– 1/2 cup water
– dash of sea salt
– 120 mg CBD oil
– Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a dog cookie baking tray with coconut oil.
– Core and grate the apples, then peel and grate the carrots.
– In a medium-sized bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, oats, and coconut sugar.
– In another medium-sized bowl, beat the egg. Then, add coconut oil, water, and grated apples and carrots.
– Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl; mix thoroughly. Finally, add CBD oil and mix once more.
– Using a Tbsp measuring spoon, portion the dog biscuits and press them into the dog treat baking pan.
– Bake for 32-37 minutes or until the biscuits are firm and golden-brown on the outside.
– Store in an air-tight container.