How to Take Care of Dogs
A dog is a great pet to have around the house. It’s loveable, cute, and fun to play with. However, taking care of a dog can be quite difficult. You need to make sure that your house is safe for your pet; you need to get proper food and a water bowl, give enough exercise, and make a routine.
If you are too busy, or you don’t have time to take care of your dog, then maybe getting one isn’t the best choice for you. A dog is not just a pet; it’s like another child that needs your love and attention. If you cannot spare time for your pets, it might be better if you do not get them.
Taking care of a dog is not exorbitant, but it does cost money. You need to make sure that your dog always has food and water, and regular vet check-ups for vaccines, deworming etc. To keep your dog engaged and to avoid destruction of furniture etc, you need to buy him toys to play. When you go on a vacation or during festivals, you need to put them in dog boarding. All of these cost money.
Following the steps below will make it easier for you to take care of a dog:
* Start by walking your dog about three times a day.
* Feed them two to three times a day, depending on their size and activity level; follow the instructions given on packaged pet food or refer to your vet.
* Make sure fresh clean water is available all the time. If they don’t drink enough water, mix it with some canned food to entice them.
* Bath them at least once every week. Use warm water and shampoo that is made especially for dogs.
* Keep their nails trimmed. Ask for expert’s help since it may be difficult for you to clip nails.
* Brush their coats every day.
* If you do not want them to sleep in your bed, make sure they have a comfortable bed of their own; buy or make one that is primarily for dogs. They need their space too!
* Do not let them eat food off the floor since it could be dangerous.
* If something falls on the floor, no matter if it is harmful or not, make sure to pick it up right away.
* Do not feed them off your table food.
* Play with them and give them lots of love! They need your care just like a child.
Dog Food: When choosing food, you should pay attention to its nutritional value and the ingredients list. It must contain all essential ingredients – proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Water: You should choose purified water.
Shelter: Dogs feel cold like humans, so make sure to provide them with warm protection during winters. It can be a wooden or plastic house or simply a box filled with newspapers. Remember that dogs are creatures of habit, and you should not suddenly change their place of rest – they will have a hard time getting used to it.
Love and Care: Your dog is your friend, guard, protector, and member of the family. Show him that you love him! Spend enough time with your dog, play with him or sit down for a while together. Never ignore your dog.
Healthy Environment: You should ensure that your dog’s environment is free from toxic substances such as lead, pesticides, and other chemicals. Make sure to remove all dangerous items from your yard; broken glass and sharp metal objects can harm or even kill your dog.
To know more click here – https://creature-companions.in/