As a pet owner, you always want your furry friend to be healthy, happy and well-groomed. Bathing your pet is an essential part of their grooming routine, and choosing the right pet shampoo is critical for maintaining their skin and coat health. Our pets have different skin than us. Due to having only 3–5 layers, pet skin is more delicate than human skin which has 10–15 layers. Their skin also has a different pH range of 6.2 to 7.2, unlike our 5.2 to 6.2 pH. Using human shampoos for pets can lead to dry, itchy skin and bacterial or fungal infections. Plus, pets don’t need as much oil since their fur protects them.
That’s where Lozalo’s Privilege range comes in to provide you with the perfect solution for your pet’s bathing and grooming needs.
Lozalo’s Privilege range of pet shampoo, body splash, and skin and coat conditioning cream for dogs and cats is designed to cater to all your pet’s bathing and grooming needs. The products are pH-balanced and contain natural ingredients that nourish and protect your pet’s skin and coat.
The Privilege Conditioning Dog and Cat Shampoo is a mild and pH-balanced shampoo that contains Aloe Vera extract, Jojoba oil, Wheat germ oil and Oatmeal extract. These natural ingredients gently cleanse your pet’s hair coat, making it soft and shiny. The Hyaluronic acid in the shampoo moisturises, softens and nourishes your pet’s skin and hair coat. The shampoo is silicone and paraben-free, making it safe for your pet’s skin and coat. The wonderful fragrance will linger on the hair coat for a long time.
The Privilege Dog and Cat Body Splash is a perfect blend of Aloe Vera and exotic fragrances that keeps your pet fresh and free from bad odours for two bath intervals. The Wheat germ oil in the body splash has antioxidant properties that deeply nourish your pet’s skin, while Aloe Vera moisturises and soothes the skin.
The Privilege Skin and Coat Conditioning Cream for dogs and cats is a leave-in conditioner enriched with Keratin and Gooseberry extract. Keratin protects the outer cells of hair from breakage, stress and damage. The hair cuticle absorbs the keratin, resulting in hair that looks full and glossy. Gooseberry extract is high in Vitamin C and helps in skin healing. The cream acts as an emollient and helps retain sebum that strengthens the hair roots. The long-lasting fragrance keeps your pet refreshed all day.
Here’s the ultimate guide to bathing your pet correctly:
- Brush: Brush your pet’s coat to remove excess fur and mats that require detangling.
- Water: Wet your pet’s hair starting at the neck and chest and work your way towards the tail.
- Washcloth: Use a damp cloth to clean the head area while avoiding the eyes, ears, nose and mouth.
- Cotton balls: Place cotton balls in your pet’s ears to prevent water from getting inside.
- Shampoo: Dilute the shampoo with water and apply it on your pet’s wet body, starting from the chest and moving towards other areas of the body.
- Massage: Gently massage the shampoo and let it sit on your pet’s coat for several minutes before rinsing thoroughly with water.
- Rinse: Use your fingers to rinse the shampoo off your pet’s coat, making sure to get into the undercoat and hard-to-reach areas.
- Drying: Towel off as much water as you can and brush out their coat every few minutes to avoid tangles. If using a hair dryer, follow all safety measures.
- Body splash/spray: Apply a body splash or spray evenly on your pet’s coat and wait for 2–3 minutes before brushing.
- Post-bath brushing: Brush your pet’s coat after their bath to remove any extra dead fur, detangle their coat and prevent hair matting.
- Leave-in conditioner: Apply a sufficient amount of conditioner cream and massage it gently to moisturise the skin, detangle the hair and shine the coat.