COVID-19 pandemic has seen a rise in the number of pets across the globe. Whilst this brings a warm fuzzy feeling thinking of all those families with their pets, there is an equally worrying trend in the opposite direction – an increase in the number of pets being put up for adoption for a variety of reasons.
Over the last few months, we experienced this trend first hand where we received an increase in requests on social media from rescuers, shelters, NGOs, and other individuals to share adoption appeals. On the other hand, we also received a large number of requests from people looking to buy / adopt a pet. As these numbers started increasing drastically, we saw the need to do something in this space to help connect potential adopters with animals that were up for adoption. For us, it was about bringing together these different stakeholders under a single roof. Needless to say, at the core of Petsy, we have always believed that we are more than just dedicated pet parenting partners. This initiative strongly resonates with our values of making a difference and giving back to our community.
We launched a pilot program for a Virtual Adoption Centre in April 2021 where we onboarded a few NGOs and individuals and listed some pets for adoption. We shared this with our network of customers, social media followers, other stakeholders and the response we received was overwhelmingly positive. NGOs that had listed their pets for adoption had already received additional leads from potential adopters and in fact one of the individuals even received sponsorship for the expenses involved in fostering a cat. It warmed our hearts knowing that we could expend more energy and effort in this space and truly make a difference. We put our minds back to the drawing board and worked with different stakeholders from IT teams to NGOs and other individuals to come up with a portal that made it easier for potential adopters to find a suitable match through increased level of details on the pet being shared for greater transparency and simultaneously creating a seamless experience for NGOs and individuals who want to list pets for adoption. With this in mind, we’re super excited to announce the launch of the second phase of our Virtual Adoption Centre. You can visit our website www.petsyadoption.online.
- You save a life – by adopting, you’re giving a pet another chance at life. And also you get a new best friend!
- There are many unethical breeders who encourage puppy and kitten farming. By choosing to adopt, you help reduce the demand for pets from unethical breeders and in turn you support animal welfare.
- Some shelters and individuals even offer trial adoptions. This can help you determine if you and the pet are a perfect match!
Altogether, at Petsy we are committed to continue making a difference in the lives of less fortunate animals around us whether it’s through a virtual adoption centre, or food donations or distributing reflective collars. As we continue building these initiatives and especially focussing on finding a new home for some of these animals, we invite you to:
Find a Pet to Adopt
- Log on to petsyadoption.online
- Scan through the profiles of all the animals that are up for adoption
- Click on the pet profile that you are interested in and get in touch with that NGO/Individual for the adoption process.
- Lastly, if you successfully adopt a pet through the Petsy Virtual Adoption Centre, let us know on email@example.com and we’ll send you a Petsy starter kit containing some food, toys, a personalized tag and a few more things to get you going for your first few days.
List a Pet for Adoption
- Sign up and create your profile here – http://petsyadoption.online/crm/registration.php
- List the pet’s details and submit these for Petsy’s approval
- Once approval is granted, the listing will be available for potential adopters to view on the website.
For further information, feel free to reach out to us on +91-7206839062 or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be it helping you adopt a pet or taking lifelong care of these furry babies, Petsy is here for you every step of the way. We are your pet parenting companions for life!